Claire and the Highlanders are sent north after the Jacobite leaders decide to halt their march on London. A band of redcoats makes trouble for the Scots, leading to a most unexpected reunion for Claire.
Jamie is included in the group of riders enlisted for Dougal. Claire also joins them. When consequences forced Jamie to give up Claire to British Officers as a Scottish prisoner, Claire is sent to visit an English Aristocrat for investigation on one of her Scottish captors, Red Jamie. Surprising revelations are made. Meanwhile, Jamie is desperate to get his wife back.
- Caitríona Balfe as Claire Randall Fraser
- Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser
- Duncan Lacroix as Murtagh Fraser
- Graham McTavish as Dougal MacKenzie
- Grant O'Rourke as Rupert MacKenzie
- Andrew Gower as Charles Stuart
- Rosie Day as Mary Hawkins
- Simon Callow as Duke of Sandringham
- Scenes in this episode were adapted from chapter 44 of Dragonfly in Amber, "In Which Quite a Lot of Things Gang Agley".
- Romans 12:19: "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."
- The Tullibardine Chapel was used as the church where Claire, Jamie and the others hide out while Claire tends to Rupert's eye.
- The Duke of Sandringham's Estate was filmed on location at Drumlanrig Castle in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland.
- The Ram's Hedd Taverne was filmed on location in Culross, a small village in Fife, Scotland. During Season 1, Culross also served as Cranesmuir.
- The tavern sign and wanted posters for Red Jamie and Prince Charles were created by the Art Department.
- Romans 12:19, King James Version. Accessed 26 June 2016.
- Ronald D. Moore's Episode Podcasts for Outlander. Episode 211 podcast with Diana Gabaldon, who mentions the chapel at 17:50 during the recording.
- Inside Outlander – Outlander Community. Accessed 20 June 2016.
- Outlander Community: Inside Outlander EP211