The Outlandish Companion, Vol II, is the sequel to the first Outlandish Companion. It contains "maps, timelines, floor plans, costumes, recipes, photographs of Scotland and North Carolina, and a Whole Lot of Other Stuff."
- a complete chronology as of 2015
- full synopses of The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone, and Written in My Own Heart's Blood
- recaps of the Lord John Grey novels: Lord John and the Private Matter, Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade, Lord John and the Hand of Devils, and The Scottish Prisoner
- a cast of characters, cross-referenced by book
- detailed maps and floor plans
- a bibliographic guide to research sources
- essays on subjects as wide ranging as Outlandish controversies regarding sex and violence, the unique responsibilities of a writer of historical fiction, and Gabaldon's writing process
- a guided tour of the clothes, food, and music of the eighteenth century
- a Scottish glossary and pronunciation guide
- personal photos from the author taken on the set of the Starz Outlander series
- "An Outlander Family Tree" – Originally published in the end papers of Written in My Own Heart's Blood. Also published in The Outlandish Companion, Vol. II.