Life in Paris is not without its trials as Jamie struggles to triumph over the traumas of his past. A fortunate meeting with Jacobite leader Prince Charles presents opportunities, while the Duke of Sandringham's presence brings complications.
Claire and Jamie set about making influential friends in their efforts to stop the Jacobite rebellion after Jamie fails to convince Charles Stuart of the futility of an invasion. Securing an invitation to Versailles - where Jamie cures the king's constipation - they make the acquaintance of lustful Minister of Finance Duverney, as well as re-encountering the Duke of Sandringham, a Jacobite supporter. Claire befriends Mary Hawkins, a shy young English girl betrothed to be married but more interested in the duke's young secretary Alexander Randall. He is the younger brother of Black Jack whom Claire is alarmed to learn is still alive.
- Caitríona Balfe as Claire Randall Fraser
- Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser
- Tobias Menzies as Jonathan Randall
- Duncan Lacroix as Murtagh Fraser
- Andrew Gower as Prince Charles Edward Stuart
- Rosie Day as Mary Hawkins
- Dominique Pinon as Master Raymond
- Simon Callow as the Duke of Sandringham
- The episode title is a reference to the phrase "not in Kansas anymore" from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.
- This episode includes elements of chapters 7, 8, and 9 of Dragonfly in Amber.